Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park in Hawaiʻi is an ideal place to study water on the Big Island of Hawaiʻi from both at cultural and scientific standpoint. This is a fun”ice breaker” style activity that can be used with a wide age range of students. The beach ball has three different sizes of white dots: small, medium and large that correspond to difficult, intermediate and easy questions.
Waters of Kāne Clever Catch Game Resources
Other Useful Resources
- Anchialine Pools STEM Kit
- Kaloko-Honokōhau 3D Paper Model
- Waters of Kāne Dice Game
- The Waters of Kaloko-Honokōhau Self-Guided Nature Trail Guide
- Electrical Conductivity Backpack
- Schoolyard Water Budget STEM Kit
- Kaloko-Honokōhau Reference Materials
Borrowing the Clever Catch Game
Kona, Hawaiʻi Educators should contact the park to make arrangements. To help us evaluate the usefulness of this activity, please complete the Educator Feedback Survey after returning the supplies to the park.
For more information about this activity, contact Andrew Warnock.