Discover what it means to really do hard work. In the Regenerate! STEM Kit, students will learn about the regenerative braking system used in hybrid vehicles.
Big Concepts include: 1) work; 2) electricity; 3) magnetism and 4) regenerative braking.
Scientific Inquiry Skills include: 1) use of a mulitimeter; 2) data collection and analysis; and 3) use of science notebooks.
Regenerate! STEM Kit Tutorials
- Regenerate! STEM Kit Use Instructions (complete teacher guide)
- Regenerate! STEM Kit Clean-Up & Repacking Instructions
- Regenerate! STEM Kit Material List
Regenerate! STEM Kit Resources
- Science Notebook Template (for use in lieu of Science Notebooks)
- Science Notebook Template (Spanish version)
- Regenerate! STEM Kit Instruction Booklet
(available upon request – email name and school to Dr. Andrew Warnock)
- Faculty Collaborator: Dr. Tom Bradley – College of Engineering, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- CSU Energy Institute
Other Useful Resources
Borrowing Regenerate! STEM Kits
There is no charge to educators who wish to borrow any of our STEM kits. Educators who are located in the Northern Colorado area and can come to the CSU Fort Collins campus to pick up the kits should complete the Local Pick-Up Loan Application. All other educators in Colorado should complete the Delivery Loan Application Form and the NSEOC will ship the classroom set of kits to you free of charge. Return loan application forms to Courtney Butler via email (email@example.com) or fax (970-491-7716).
- Local Pick-Up Loan Application Form – for educators in the immediate area of Fort Collins (i.e.: Greeley, Loveland, Ault, Windsor, Johnstown, etc.)
- Delivery Loan Application Form – for educators in Colorado outside of the immediate Fort Collins area
- Educator Feedback Survey – must be completed after returning kits to the NSEOC and before another kit can be requested