The SciTrek and Summer Vet Programs are open to students who will be entering grades 10th through 12th in the fall of that year AND are 15 years of age by the start of the camp. These are competitive programs and there is an application process for being accepted into the program. Space is limited to 30 students per program. Once opened, applications will be accepted until TBD.
Regular Application Process:
Students interested in applying for either SciTrek, Summer Vet, or both must complete the Program Application Form and submit an essay explaining why they want to attend the EOC summer programs. Applications and essays are due to Courtney Butler (email@example.com) by TBD. Once selected, the official Registration Form, Waiver Form, Treatment Form, and Emergency Card (with a copy of the student’s insurance card) will be due to the Education & Outreach Center by TBD.
Scholarship Application Process:
The Education & Outreach Center will offer a limited number of fee waiver scholarships for students who may not otherwise be able to attend. Students requesting scholarship aid must instead complete the Program & Scholarship Application Form and submit an essay explaining why they want to attend the EOC summer programs. Applications and essays are due to Courtney Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) by TBD. Once selected, the official Registration Form, Waiver Form, Treatment Form, and Emergency Card (with a copy of the student’s insurance card) will be due to the Education & Outreach Center by TBD.
Application and Scholarship decisions will be emailed to students around TBD.
Costs for the various program options are:
- Registration Fee – $50 non-refundable registration fee is due March 15th to Conference & Event Services in order to hold the spot for the student.
- Commuter Tuition – $600 for EITHER the SciTrek Program Only (a.m.) OR Summer Vet Program Only (p.m.) is due by May 31st.
- Combo Commuter Tuition – $1000 for BOTH SciTrek AND Summer Vet Programs is due by May 31st.
- Residential Tuition* – $1,600 for BOTH SciTrek AND Summer Vet Programs AND room and board is due by May 31st.
- Parking Fee (for commuter options only) – $60 additional fee if a student will be driving themselves and needing to park on campus, daily parking permits will be provided.
- Late Departure (for residential option only) – $150 additional fee if a student is unable to leave until Saturday morning.
Please note that credit card payments are NOT accepted for this program. Payments must be made via check or money order to Colorado State University and sent to Conference & Event Services. Due to space limitations, we only allow students to attend each program once.
*The Residential Program consists of double occupancy room and board in Corbett Hall on the CSU campus. CSU pre-service science teachers will act as resident assistants and will plan evening activities to keep the students occupied outside of class. Students must plan on arriving on campus on Sunday 5 p.m. to check into the dorm and plan on leaving Friday immediately following the final class (~4:30 p.m.). Transportation to and from Denver International Airport (DEN) is NOT provided by the program staff, it is recommended that students make reservations with the local airport shuttle service, Groome Transportation to Fort Collins. Meals will be provided beginning Sunday evening and ending Friday at lunch. Breakfast and dinner are served in the dorm and lunch will either be at the Education & Outreach Center or out in the field. Please note that students wishing to stay on campus MUST participate in BOTH the SciTrek and Summer Vet Programs.