What sets the Masters of Natural Science Education degree program apart form other online programs is that we custom make hands-on lab components for every science content course offered. The EOC helps faculty design the hands-on experiences. We also procure parts, assemble, and ship the kits worldwide. Should issues arise with the kits (parts breaking, delivery, customs, etc.) we support teachers to make sure they have what they need to be successful in the course.
- NSCI 619A – Physics for Educators: Optics – This course explores ray, wave, and particle models of light, with diverse applications.
- NSCI 619B – Physics for Educators: Mechanics – This is a course in classical mechanics using the I/O lab wireless system.
- NSCI 620 – Chemistry for Science Educators – This course explores theoretical and experimental chemistry for grade 6-12 science teachers, with emphasis on water chemistry.
- NSCI 630 – Spectroscopy for Science Educators – This course explores theory and applications of spectroscopy for grade 6-12 science teachers.
- NSCI 640 – Energetics for Science Educators – This course explores the production and use of energy.
- NSCI 650 – Pollution & Environmental Biology for Educators – This course explores the environmental consequences of energy production and consumption.
- NSCI 670 – Earth Science for Educators – This course explores the foundations of the earth sciences for secondary science teachers, emphasizing societal relevance and context.
Please contact Karina Hassell for more information regarding the lab materials the EOC provides for the above courses. (email@example.com)